Carotone body cream is a product that helps to fade dark spots and even out skin tone. It contains hydroquinone, a bleaching agent that can cause skin irritation, inflammation, and hyperpigmentation. Therefore, it is important to use it with caution and follow these steps:
- Do a patch test on a small area of your skin before applying the cream to your face or body. Wait for 24 hours and check for any signs of redness, itching, or burning. If you experience any of these, stop using the product immediately and consult a dermatologist.
- Wash your face or body with a mild cleanser and pat dry with a soft towel. Avoid scrubbing or rubbing your skin, as this can cause more damage and inflammation.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream to the affected areas once or twice a day, depending on your skin sensitivity and the severity of your dark spots. Do not use more than the recommended amount, as this can increase the risk of side effects.
- Use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher every day when using the cream, as hydroquinone can make your skin more sensitive to sun exposure and worsen your dark spots. Avoid direct sunlight and wear protective clothing and hats when outdoors.
- Monitor your skin for any changes or improvements. It may take several weeks or months to see noticeable results, depending on your skin type and condition. If you do not see any improvement after three months, discontinue using the product and seek alternative treatments.